New Product Design & Development Engineer
My Client is a market leader in the development, production, and marketing of medical devices and services used to advance reproductive In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and women’s health care.
With a mission is to deliver impactful solutions that improve healthcare for a world of healthy women, babies, and families. It is an exciting, ever evolving, and significant market that touches all our lives.
As a R&D Engineer located in Trumbull, CT, you will have the opportunity to take a hands-on technical leadership role to drive product development activities ranging from disposable surgical devices, complex thermo-fluidic systems and electro-mechanical diagnostic instruments to sophisticated IVF laboratory workstations and systems involving IT connectivity, machine learning and AI.
- Work closely with our commercial and clinical teams as well as key opinion leaders, clinicians, and users to create, devise and develop solutions, concepts and improvements which will enable future innovations and drive new products and line extensions.
- Develop and design products and product improvements including components and assemblies, of electro-mechanical systems using engineering best practices and leveraging first principles, analytical modeling, CAD, GD&T and DFSS tools.
- Manage R&D workstreams including projects with external partners, engineering consulting firms and OEMs.
Background and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or biomedical engineering or combination with other related fields. Advance degree is highly desirable.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in medical device field
- Expertise in CAD modeling (SolidWorks preferred), mechanical design and creation of engineering drawings including GD&T
- Proficiency with engineering first principles and analytical methods including structural and fluid mechanics .
- Advance understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM)
- Hands-on craft skills and experience with building, fixing, servicing and/or fabricating concepts, fixtures, prototypes or similar
- Experience with electro-mechanical, robotic, or digital systems
- Experience with thermo-fluidic systems and transport phenomena
- Experience with FEA and/or CFD mathematical modeling
- Proficiency with Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.