As the Process Engineer (Moulding) you will provide technical support as the moulding SME for production & the development of robust injection moulding processes for all OM injection mould tooling in-line with industry standards.Develop moulding solutions for new & existing projects ensuring that these systems are robust solutions to produce products at required quality in line with business commitments. To support the introduction of all ancillary moulding process equipment as determined is necessary through project lifecycle.
- Undertake & lead mould trials adopting a proactive approach in the moulding area and off site if & when required.
- Develop moulding process solutions for new projects and current production tooling including machine moves & revalidations ensuring that these are robust solutions to produce products to the required quality in line with business commitments.
- To actively support the moulding process development approach, establishing systems and processes as required.
- Ensure all Mould trial request documents are correct upon receipt, reviewing with the originator if /as required.
- To make sure that all process/ tool mounting and operating information is captured and documented ready for the handover training process.
- To have input into the generation of appropriate moulding process handover packages ensuring what is compiled and transferred into manufacturing facilitates a smooth handover and compliance in production.
- To support and help generate the correct specification of moulding and ancillary equipment needed in manufacturing to meet project and manufacturing requirements by liaising with OEMs & suppliers on-site or externally, supporting production & the Manufacturing Equipment Group to ensure satisfactory procurement, commissioning and validation.
- To assess current machine capabilities when required to support business development activities, new project developments and continuous improvement activities including scrap, downtime and costs reduction.
- To provide support & input into capacity planning and machine utilisation.
- To advise as required during the development of new parts and tools to ensure new tooling and processes are right first time