My client, a fast growing Biotech organisation, who’s idea of nature and sustainability is engrained in all of their processes, are looking for a Downstream Process Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Hands-on performing downstream process development and optimization, testing robustness and validation of downstream processes at lab scale
- Scaling up downstream processes up to semi-pilot scale and supporting their transfers to pilot and manufacturing plants
- Designing downstream processes applying separation and purification technologies like batch and continuous filtration, crossflow membrane filtration, continuous centrifuging, adsorption, resin chromatography, distillation, crystallization and drying
- Developing of mass and volume balances of downstream processes
- Providing technical support to the actual commercial manufacturing by studying and solving technical issues related to downstream processes and/or equipment capabilities
- Assessment of actual manufacturing DSP processes and studying potential improvements related to reduction of manufacturing cost through assessment of usage of raw materials as well as reduction of cycle time and waste.
- Academic degree in Chemical Process Engineering or related disciplines, with a minimum of 4+ years of working experience in an industrial setting
- Solid experience within a small-scale laboratory environment and scaling up
- Hands-on experience and understanding of S/L and L/L separations and purification of small molecules through various techniques like batch and continuous filtrations, crossflow membrane filtrations, batch and continuous centrifuging, resin chromatography, adsorption, distillation, crystallization and drying
- Basic experience and understanding of sampling and analytical chemistry (HPLC and GC)
We aim to be an equal opportunity recruiter and we are determined to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.