about 1 year ago
I am currently recruiting for a medical information specialist to join the copy approval team of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company. This is an excellent opportunity for either an experience final signatory to supplement a leading oncology team or a mid-to-senior level pharmacist/medic with some copy approval experience to gain significant experience across the company's other leading portfolios of new and established products.
Duties, Responsibilities, Activities:
- Completes the medical review (certification / examination) of promotional and non-promotional materials ensuring compliance with ABPI Code of Practice, statutory and Company requirements
- Provides clinical and scientific input into the development of medical and promotional materials for assigned therapeutic areas
- Generates and maintains Core Claims Documents for assigned therapeutic areas
- Provides mentoring of new Medical Review and Information Specialists
- Provides internal resource for product knowledge and responds to internal scientific enquiries
- Responds to third line medical information enquiries for HCPs and patients
- Reviews and approves standard medical information documents for use in response to medical information enquiries
- Participates in GMA initiatives as required
- Decision Making:
- Ability to interpret and apply the ABPI Code of Practice and to use own judgement to approve materials and activities.
- Ability to work autonomously within the agreed processes.
- Problem Solving:
- Proactive, with the ability resolve complex problems and ambiguous situations and apply own judgement in developing a solution.
- Ability to accurately interpret / critically appraise literature
- Ability to resolve situations with diplomacy where opinions differ
- Ability to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior staff and cross functionally with Marketing, Legal, Compliance and External Affairs, Market Access.
- Proactively engage with brand team, providing constructive and creative solutions and be a valued partner.
- Customer Focus:
- Requires liaison with HCPs and patients in provision of medical information. Internal stakeholders include Marketing, Legal, Compliance, External Affairs, and Market Access.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required
- UK Registered Pharmacist or Registered Medical Practitioner
- Experience of writing scientific or technical documents
- Final signatory experience ideal
- Minimum Experience Required:
- 1-2 years in a clinical setting preferred eg pharmacy, hospital
- Experience within pharmaceutical industry
- Writing scientific reviews in a pharmaceutical company setting
- Skills/Knowledge Required
- Detailed knowledge of ABPI Code of Practice and ability to interpret for application to promotional and non-promotional materials and activities.
- Ability to translate analytical /critical appraisal skills and competence across therapeutic areas to add value
- Ability to proactively engage with internal stakeholders
- Ability to resolve complex and ambiguous situations
- Literature searching skills and IT literacy
- Professional, very good communication skills both verbal and written, high attention to detail, good interpersonal skills