11 months ago
Compliance and Regulatory Officer
The successful individual will have a proven background in chemical compliance & regulations and will take ownership of this part of the business. This position will take responsibility for the ongoing compliance with EU & global chemical regulations, duties will include:
- Ensuring that products remain compliant with EU and global chemical regulations (BPR, REACH, Detergents, CLP, GHS, FIFRA, TSCA, etc.).
- Maintaining the regulatory status documents to ensure continued compliance can be audited.
- Ensuring the site is compliant with Health, Safety, and Environmental regulations (COSHH, HAZOP, IPPC, Waste, etc.).
- Liaising with national, European, and international regulatory authorities.
- Contacting chemical suppliers in the supply chain to ensure raw materials are compliant with relevant chemical legislation.
- Creating strategies for continued compliance to facilitate business growth (regulatory strategies, testing strategies, and strategies for ongoing plant compliance).
- Creating and maintaining organizational documents.
- Reviewing supply chain contractual documents.
- Answering customer enquiries to support customer regulatory compliance.
- A degree or equivalent qualification within chemistry or a relevant field.
- Proven experience in a similar position & an excellent knowledge of Chemical regulations & compliance.
- Previous experience in using regulatory IT systems - IUCLID 5/6, REACH-IT, R4BP, US EPA CDX, etc.
- Excellent communication skills & well organised.