£15.50 - 20.40 per hour
10 months ago
- CNC Machinist – Swiss Department (Columns)
Would you like to work for a large global company offering great development opportunities, 4 days off per week, and pays more hours than you work?
My client is currently looking to hire a CNC Machinist to join their organization within Global Machining Operations.
This candidate would join a large team of professionals who work within a world-class Machining/Manufacturing facility. This facility includes over 90+ state of the art CNC machines and technologies. They are looking for a highly skilled and motivated machinist to work in our exciting, fast paced work environment utilizing a variety of CNC lathe and CNC Milling technologies to produce machined components for their biotechnology products.
The position requires set-up and operation abilities of more than one multi-axis machine such as Citizen Swiss (A20, L20, M20), Nakamura-Tome (WT-100, WT-150, WT-250), Okuma or Mori-Seiki. Inspection of own and other associates parts, computer skills, ability to read and edit programs and make sound decisions when presented with issues is required. Excellent communication skills are paramount as working on multiple machines with associates is a required function.
This opening is an Night Shift position for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 7:30 PM - 8:00 AM
- Follow written process and operate a variety of CNC machines with limited supervisor
- Set-up and operate CNC equipment and perform any other functions within the department that may be necessary.
- Inspect first piece and in process material utilizing visual and hand inspection equipment, which include: Vernier calipers, Micrometer and drop dial indicators as well as profilometer and CMM operations.
- Interact in a Manufacturing environment with a variety of personnel and shift change daily, as well as sharing a machining center with another associate.
- Vocational trades school, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Formal trades or apprenticeship preferred.
- Over 1 years' experience CNC machining
- Has used Citizen Swiss machinery
- All training will be developed and implemented based upon the candidate experience level.
- Must be able to read complex engineering drawings, perform shop math and keep accurate records.
- Personal computer skill required.