4 months ago
The person in this position will work with the Molecular, Expression and Screening Group within a leading Global Pharmaceutical's rapidly expanding North America R&D Biologics division. The role is currently a 6 month contract but the intent is for a full time positions, so a likely option to extend for a further 12 months or make permanent.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of molecular biology and be adept at utilizing automation to assist with automated laboratory workflows (“Platformization”). This position will enable ongoing automation efforts by designing in silico sequences with molecular biologists and liaising with CROs to order antiobody and protein synethesis.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Molecular biology understanding to be able to design and produce custom antibodies and proteins
- Experience or interest in bioinformatics
- Experience with high throughput instrumentation including liquid handlers (Hamilton STAR) and DNA prep platforms (Qiagen or Phynexus). Experience with developing new methods for automation equipment desired.
- Possess excellent oral and written skills
- Experience with sample registration (MOSAIC), LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) and biological registration systems (example: Genedata Biologics)
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) experience prefered
BS or MS or PhD in Biology or related field and 1-3 years of experience in a research laboratory or a biopharma/biotech company.